Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Never to forget!


Did I want to see the Queen live? Yes I did. But really, what's the value of HMQE2? I saw two Polish presidents! I saw people that are part of a real history not by being born and bread in any particular family but because they actively changed or are hoping to change the world.
Bronisław Komorowski - president of Poland
Lech Wałęsa - first president elect of the 3rd Republic of Poland
I encountered them in Gdańsk, the incredible city where the WW2 started 71 years ago (exactly today) and where the new solidarity and the new democracy were concieved 30 years ago (exactly yesterday), on a fantastic event commemorating Solidarność and all ideas of freedom (dir. Robert Wilson).
http://www.rmf24.pl/foto/polska/zdjecie,iId,216722,iAId,13103 (photos)
http://www.trojmiasto.pl/info_imp.php?id_imp=166535 (description in Polish)

There were many faces, many memories, the spirit of patriotism, faith and hope for the future.
And I had an honour to sit in a VIP area, not far from the presidents, and the sky was grey and cloudy on that calm, August night.

No comments:

Post a Comment