Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gender bender bender



What can I say? It's a 2-in-1 tick () and it was so much fun!

The brief story goes like that:
Pride Week Friday was themed Gender Trouble. It was as well the day when I learned that the Proud Bus is not gonna be. So I raised my spirit by few drinks in probably the best pub in Bristol (The Bridge Inn, just by the new sex clinic) and it got quite late. Following one lawyer's advice I decided to go as a Drag King. That was cool and my folks liked it a lot but a) I did not really look like a boy and b) that was not that much of a challenge. Still fun though and my dearest friends attempted (again) to rob me of some of my garment.

But for the following day, the big Pride Day, I had something special awaiting. I went Drag Queen! (or as some might prefer faux queen)
The effect was stunning. So, first of all, I looked like a whore, a prostitute. A walk to town with dear Pixie on my side (angel-like winged creature straight from Love Parade Berlin) was a long encounter of by-passers comments and smiles. Second of all, it was confusing. People that new me had at least few seconds delay recognition, those that knew me less well often did not recognise me until I opened my mouth and those that didn't know me at all were at least confused - a boy? but a girl? but a boy? but a girl?.. Awesome!
Of course there's a story of a singing star from Sing Out Bristol (http://www.singoutbristol.com/) that did not recognised me for something like 20 minutes of conversation. Isn't it lovely?
And in the evening on the after party (http://www.facebook.com/?page=1&sk=messages#!/event.php?eid=117989081582622) I had a very pleasant conversation with a very pleasant random girl and she so clearly thought that I was a boy in girls clothes.
So pretending to be a boy pretending to be a girl and pretending to be someone else on a night out - oh yes, I've done it! And I'm gonna do it again :)

Last two things - my drag name is Miss Chardonnay. And Miss Chardonnay was so hot in the eyes of many many lesbians. That's weird, but that's awesome. That's legendary.

No comments:

Post a Comment