Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The summer of love

I had wonderful time since I returned from Poland. After few days at work a new week begun with a perspective of a very decent amount of nicely lined up days off. Together with one of my best friends we've decided to have a summer camp in town time. Every day we would meet up in the morning and venture on a trip in search of an adventure, we would then return to town and spend the evening on more intellectual or social activities with other kids (those that were busy at work when the sun was shining). So we decided and so we executed.
It was awesome. We cycled miles, we climbed metres and we walked kilometres. I saw so many beautiful places (in the neighbourhood of town), I participated in many activities and I truly enjoyed myself.

And all in all I have two more ticks to the list.
a) I played golf
b) I swam in an English river

ad. a) Playing golf turned out to be really cool even though I wasted so much energy on hitting the ground and ripping the grass. And I did not loose my ball!
I may not be a female Tiger Woods but I don't care, that was fun. I got a total of 160, mean of 8.89, median of 8 and mode of 8. It was my first time and I'm proud of it.

ad. b) On the river Avon, about half way between Bath and Bristol, we've found a nice spot for a swim. It took tricking one swan and one cygnet to get into the water over there (as it appeared that swans are very protective of their territory) but eventually we got into the water. The water was cold but I had a really enjoyable swim in a gentle current, under a hot, English, September sun (sic! sic! sic!). Pure pleasure..

And I think I've just managed to accomplish 10 ticks on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment